Thank you for choosing to be part of our community at rishikesh.app (“company”, “we”, “us”, or “our”). We are committed to protecting your personal information and your right to privacy. If you have any questions or concerns about our policy, or our practices with regards to your personal information, please contact us at email@example.com.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us: You may give us information about yourself by filling in forms on the website or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise or creating an account on our website. This includes information you provide when you register to use the website and subscribe to our Services by submitting Registration Data (as defined in the Terms), submit anything for publication on our website, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on the website, enter a competition, promotion or survey, avail or earn any benefit provided in form of voucher/coupons/credit point, purchase a service/product offered on the website by the supplier/service provider and when you report a problem with the website. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number. You may also choose to provide other personal information to express yourself beyond the required information, such as a short biography, your location, your website, travel plan and related information, or a picture. Your name, your e-mail id and other information you choose to add to your profile will be available for public viewing on the website.
- Information we collect about you: With regard to each of your visits to the website, we may automatically collect the following information:
- Stored information and files: Our applications also may access metadata and other information associated with other files stored on your mobile device. This may include, for example, photographs, audio, and video clips.
- Computer and device information: Information about your computer, Internet connection and mobile device, including your IP address, operating systems, platforms, browser type, other browsing information (connection, speed, connection type, etc.), device type, device's unique device identifier, mobile network information.
- Location information: Our applications collect real-time information about the location of your device, as permitted by you.
- Mobile device IDs: Unique mobile device identifier (e.g. IDFA or other device IDs on Apple devices like the iPhone and iPad), if you're using our Services on a mobile device, we may use mobile device IDs (the unique identifier assigned to a device by the manufacturer), instead of cookies, to recognize you. We may do this to store your preferences and track your use of our applications. Advertising companies may use device IDs to track your use of our applications, track the number of advertisements displayed, measure advertising performance and display advertisements that are more relevant to you. Analytics companies may use mobile device IDs to track your usage of our applications.
- Your preferences: Your preferences and settings such as time zone and language.
- Mobile status: For mobile application users, the online or offline status of your application.
- Applications: If you use the rishikesh.app application, rishikesh.app may collect information about the presence and/ or absence and/ or details pertaining to other applications on your mobile phone. The applications we gather information for, may vary across categories including, without limitation, shopping, fashion, food and travel. This will help us understand you and your preferences better and enable rishikesh.app to provide you with a personalized experience.
- Social Networks: If you use your account information with Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus or Gmail or any other social networking or similar site (collectively, “SNS”) to sign in to the website, an option of which may be provided by the website to you at its sole discretion, we will collect and store your SNS user ID, and other account information and other information freely made available to the Company by the SNS. The Account Information that is collected includes all the account information provided by you to that website. Please be aware that the other information we obtain from the SNS is often dependent on their privacy policies and/or on your settings regarding what information you have consented to share with services like that of Companies.
- Visited URL and Other Information: Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (“URL”) click stream to, through and from the website (including date and time); material or information that you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources: We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case we will inform you when we collect that data and that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this website. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies, travel/tour operators) and may receive information about you from such sources. We collect non-personally identifiable information from the website visitors to track the total of number of visitors to the website in aggregate form and identify the type of Internet web browser (e.g., Internet Explorer®) and operating system (e.g., Windows®) used by the visitor. This information allows us continuously to improve our website.
- Metadata: Metadata is usually technical data associated with Content (as defined in the Terms) you submit, post or share on the website. Users can add or may have metadata added to their Content including geolocation, date, attribution, or other data.
- Via Mobile Application/ Web Browser: In older phones using any Android version lower than Lollipop, if you are using our mobile application, we may collect and process your location (using Exit information, GPS, and cell towers) whenever you capture an image in order to create automatic Trips for you. The Trip created will not be shared or uploaded without your explicit permission. Here, “Trip” means and includes any blog, itinerary, photo, video, you share on the website. We may use the location information collected to enhance your use of the website including mobile application/web browser by providing you with relevant content and contextual advertising. Please not that turning off location sharing may affect certain features of the website. We analyze the log files of our website to better understand the volume of traffic to particular areas of our website. This information helps us to serve your information needs.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use information we collect about you for the following general purposes:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- To provide you, or permit selected supplier/service provider to provide you, with information about services we feel may interest you. If you are a registered user, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about services similar to the Services (as defined in the Terms). If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected supplier/service provider to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details to any supplier/service provider for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data, if available, or write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org;
- To send you Service-related notices. We may also use your contact information to send you marketing email messages. If you do not want to receive such messages, you may opt out by following the instructions in the message. In order to verify that the e-mail address provided by you belongs to you, we will send you a verification e-mail.
- To administer the website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- To improve the website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To notify you about changes to our Services;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Services (as defined in the Terms), if any, when you choose to do so;
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- To enhance the security of the website;
- To personalize content;
- To provide you with information about other services we offer that are similar to those that you are already using or have enquired about;
- To facilitate your bookings of travel reservations;
- To notify you about special offers and products or services available from us or the supplier/service provider that may be of interest to you in accordance with your marketing preferences;
- To prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities;
- As otherwise described to you at the point of collection.
We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
For the Content (as defined in the Terms) that you personally upload on the website, you can choose to keep your Content private or public. Private Content will not be visible to anyone except you and people with whom you share the URL of the private Content so uploaded. Private Content will not be cached and archived on our servers. Public Content on the other hand is accessible to everyone, including search engines. Other users can collect, reproduce, comment on, and share all publicly available Content on the website. We reserve the right to share all public Content on any SNS or any other online or offline platform. We will never share any Content which you have marked as private unless we have your permission. We will never rent or sell your personal information to third parties, except on an anonymized/encrypted basis, unless expressly provided in these Terms.
Any information you voluntarily disclose for posting to the website, including your profile page information, is accessible to anyone. When you submit, post or share the Content that you choose to make public, on the website, it may be re-shared by others. We may share your personal information with any member of our Group. Here “Group” means and includes, with respect to any person, any entity that is controlled by such person, or any entity that controls such person, or any entity that is under common control with such person, whether directly or indirectly, or, in the case of a natural person, any Relative (as such term is defined in the Companies Act, 2013) of such person.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others;
- We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that any given number of women in a specified age group clicked on their advertisement on any given day).
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- If the Company or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction;
- To comply with legitimate and enforceable subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law;
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Personal Data refers to data, whether true or not, about an individual:
- who can be identified from that data; or
- from that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers.
Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
You are free to remove or delete Content (as defined in the Terms) from your Account at any point in time. However, there is a strong possibility that copies of public Content will be retained indefinitely in our systems, including in cached and archived pages of the website, or if other users have copied or saved that information. In addition, due to the nature of internet sharing, copies of your Content, including Content that you have removed or deleted from your Account, may also exist elsewhere on the Internet and be retained indefinitely.
You may correct, amend, add or delete personal information from your Account at any time by logging in and visiting your profile page. As noted above, you may opt out from unwanted e-mail communications from us by following the instructions in the message. However, until your Account is deleted you will continue to receive all system e-mails.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
You are free to remove or delete Content from your Account at any point in time. However, there is a strong possibility that copies of public Content will be retained indefinitely in our systems, including in cached and archived pages of the website, or if other users have copied or saved that information. In addition, due to the nature of internet sharing, copies of your Content, including Content that you have removed or deleted from your Account, may also exist elsewhere on the Internet and be retained indefinitely.
The website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
HOW YOU CAN CONTACT US